Seriously, I love when I have a menu planned out for the entire week. 1) It makes grocery shopping so much easier, and effective too; 2) I can come home after work and know my food options, plus or minus; 3) It seriously saves on food costs because it both reduces waste and reduces more trips to the store for a little of this or that; and 4) it cuts down on dining-out, which is not always a bad thing, but when there’s no ideas in mind for a dinner, it’s too easy sometimes to just ‘go out’. Mind you, I enjoy ‘going out’, but I also much prefer to make my meals at home. As a general rule, at least. 😉
Without further ado, the menu for the week is as follows:
- Chicken Piccata (our own variation), with a Mushroom Gravy topping, and fried Cabbage
- Nachos (variation), using the leftover bean filling from D.’s Mexican-y Lasagna.
- Pasta with Asparagus, Mushrooms, Garlic, Parm, and perhaps some Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Big Salad with Grilled Chicken
- Grilled Chicken with Veges and Rice
- Oh, and Scrambled Eggs with Biscuits and Gravy tomorrow morning. We don’t do breakfast all that often, but when we do, it’s a meal! 🙂