The aluminum foil background isn’t the greatest, but sometimes you work with what you have. 😉 We made these stuffed mushrooms for Football Sunday. Yes, that is like a holiday and it gets capitalized. They turned out quite yummy, especially with D.’s secret ingredient: Maple Bacon. Big yum!
- Mushrooms, stems removed (Usually I chop up the stems and use them in the stuffing, but for this recipe, we had enough ‘other’ fillings that I didn’t need them)
- Maple Bacon, cooked and finely chopped
- Creamed Spinach, leftover
- Garlic, minced
- Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- Bread Crumbs, to desired consistency
Saute filling ingredients together, after cooking bacon. Stuff into mushrooms. Cook in a 325 degree oven for approx. 8-12 minutes. Enjoy!
We really, really liked the Maple Bacon flavor (and smell, too)! Normally, we use Turkey Bacon when cooking, because of the lower fat content. But, this was a very tasty and unique addition to this recipe. I’ll bet we’ll be using it a bit more in our cooking. Just a lil bit seems to pack a nice flavorful punch, so I think it’ll be fun to play with this in the future. 🙂