- Eggs Benedict with miscellaneous breakfast fare – this will be tonight.
- Black Bean Burritos – Probably black beans and rice, onion, maybe mushrooms, in a burrito and served with salsa and sour cream. Cheese in there too, of course.
- Ham – If I can find one at the grocery store, D. has dibs on a ham dinner.
- Tortellini with an Alfredo Sauce.
- Hawaiian Ginger Chicken Soup – I just saw this recipe in a magazine this morning, and it looks pretty darn good, so I think I’ll try it this week (or tomorrow).
That’s about it then. Five planned meals usually work out well for us, since we usually work in leftovers or have some room if the mood for something else strikes us. I’ll be headed out to the grocery store in a bit… Will also be looking for an egg poaching pan. We have it on authority that several restaurants will actually use the Knorr mix for their hollandaise sauce… Who knew? So I’m going to look for some of those packets to try them. I once, years ago and before I thoroughly enjoyed playing in the kitchen, tried to make a hollandaise sauce on a whim. It looked easy and I was in the mood for it… I can safely say that it sucked. Tasted completely yucky and I threw it away. Since then, I’ve not tried to make my own hollandaise again. Until now, because time is up and I’ve got to try again. I’ll let you know how it comes out when I do it… Still, I’m not making any promises. 😉
UPDATE: Turns out we will have a young visitor for the day tomorrow…
Bacon Cheeseburgers and Fries have now been added to the menu for tomorrow. Along with another round of making fudge. 😉