So I found myself with some extra buttermilk, left over from making Cheese and Chive Biscuits. I also found myself with an untested recipe for Buttermilk Ranch Dressing from Simply Recipes. So, I figured it was time to try it…
I made a few adjustments, and thought that it came out okay, overall. I can be quite picky about my dressings… I’m not a fan of mayonnaise, nor really vinegar, so it’s a narrow avenue that I have for choices. When I first put this recipe together, there was too much mayo-taste for me, so we added a couple of dashes of Worcestershire sauce, and a bit more lemon juice. That seemed to dilute the mayo taste, at least enough for me.
We ended up having this dressing a salad, some potato chips, and as a spread on a sandwich. It was pretty versatile. 😉 Here’s the recipe the way I made it, with the original linked above…
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise (actually, we had Miracle Whip on hand, so that’s what I used)
- 1 tsp+ Lemon Juice (I probably added another tsp at the end, to taste)
- 1/8 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1+ Tbsp Fresh Chives, chopped
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce (added at the end, to taste)
First, stir together buttermilk and mayonnaise until blended. Add in remaining ingredients. Adjust to taste.