These delicious meatballs were sparked by D. and Pup watching ‘Big Daddy’s House’ on The Food Network. They came in after seeing it, and it was determined that we’d be making them that day. So we did… We sort of followed the recipe, found here, but with a few adjustments. All in all, they were very tasty… we loved the mozzarella inside and the flavor from the Worcestershire sauce.
- 6 slices Bacon
- 1-1/2 lbs. Ground Beef
- 1 package Knorr’s French Onion Soup Mix
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 cup Bread Crumbs
- Fresh Mozzarella
1. Rough cut the bacon and cook. Set aside and let cool
2. Using your hands, mix together the ground beef with all other ingredients except the mozzarella. Add in the cooked bacon and mix. Make palm-sized patties with the beef, and place a gumball-sized ball of mozzarella on top. Fold the patty over the cheese and roll into a meatball.
3. Place meatballs on a foil-covered baking sheet. Cook in a 400 degree oven for approximately 12-15 minutes.
We had ours in a meatball sandwich of sorts, but they’d also be good with a nice spaghetti dinner with a light marinara sauce and some parmesan sprinkled on top. Definitely a keeper.