D. put this dish together last weekend, and let me tell you… is it ever delicious! It was a cooler day, weather-wise, so some warm and hearty fare was in order. His potato dish is a creamier version of the more traditional Potatoes O’Brien recipe. We added some cheesy ingredients and turned the dish into a creamy potato delight!
- 6 medium-large Potatoes, shredded and patted dry
- 1-1/2 Peppers of Various Colors – We used green, red and orange
- 1/2 of large Yellow Onion
- 1-lb. Bacon
- 2 8-oz. packages of Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 package Ranch Dressing seasoning mix
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Durkee French Fried Onions
1. Rough cut bacon and cook. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon and set aside on paper towels to cool.
2. Using a food processor, shred potatoes and pat dry. Chop peppers. Cook potatoes, peppers and onions in bacon grease until lightly browned.
3. In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, sour cream, Ranch dressing mix and 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese. Stir in bacon, potatoes, peppers and onions.
4. Spread potato mixture into a greased casserole dish. Cook in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. Remove dish from oven. Top with remaining cup of shredded cheddar and fried onions. Cook for another 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and dish is bubbly. Enjoy!