First, the asparagus: I rolled the stalks in olive oil, sprinkled them lightly with a dried basil & garlic blend, and finished with a dash of sea salt. Cooked at 350 degrees for about 18 minutes. This batch even got crispy on the tips… I liked that crunch.
I had forgotten how simple and tasty this variation on chicken piccata is. I love the lemony flavor in it, and cooking everything in butter just tastes yummier, too! Even better when mushrooms are involved (which they usually are)…
- 1-1/2 lbs. Chicken Breasts, skinless, boneless, pounded flat
- 3 Lemons
- Garlic, minced
- Dried Thyme
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 12-16 oz. Mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup + dash of White Wine
1. Marinade the chicken overnight with the juice of 2 lemons, minced garlic, dried thyme, and a dash of white wine.
2. Put the flour on a plate and dredge the chicken breasts. In a skillet with 1/2 of the butter, brown the chicken on both sides over medium heat, about 5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove chicken and set aside.
3. Add remaining butter to skillet. Cook mushrooms and garlic until tender. Return chicken to pan. Add wine and juice of remaining lemon. Simmer for 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally as sauce thickens slightly. Serve over rice.